Chihuahuas unveil GECU Bark at Parc ¡Lotería! Jerseys
The Chihuahuas announced on Tuesday the design of the latest GECU Bark at the Park game – Lottery cards inspired by the Chihuahuas.
The specialty jerseys will be worn at the Chihuahuas game on Friday, September 24, 2021. The first pitch against Houston Astros affiliate Sugar Land Skeeters is scheduled for 7:05 pm.
The jersey, designed by Chihuahuas graphic designer Ilene Serna, features 54 emblematic Lotería cards from the Chihuahuas brand, the game of baseball and El Paso. Cards featured include La Pelota (the ball), El Dizzy Bat (a popular in-game contest), and El Rally Towel.
The sleeves are blue with a white check pattern visible on the back of traditional Lotería cards.
The jerseys are now up for auction and will end in the GECU Bark at the Park match final on Friday, September 24. This auction is tax exempt.
To participate in the jersey auction, text “BID” to 844 311-5007. The official rules are listed below.
The Chihuahuas will be selling 250 Limited Edition Chihuahuas Lotería sets, including a deck of dealer cards and 20 player cards, for $ 25 (tax included) in-game only in the social plaza behind section 112.
Profits will also be donated to the Chihuahuas Foundation.
Lotería is a Mexican card game, similar to bingo, but uses images instead of numbered cards.
In addition to the jersey, the Chihuahuas are offering fans the chance to win one of 10 signed baseballs while playing Chihuahuas Lotería. The first 2,000 guests to pass through the entrance fee doors will receive a player card for a chance to win.
The evening also includes specials of $ 4 on a single serving in the lobby, $ 4 glasses of wine in the Big Dog House and WestStar Club, and buy a bottle of wine, get a bottle of wine at half price in suites.
The Chihuahuas are known to make a splash with their annual Bark at the Park jerseys which began with the nationally recognized Chihuahuas dog face jersey in the 2014 inaugural campaign. Other jerseys also included an Andy Warhol jersey. -esque created by Creative Kids (2015), the mosaic logo (2016) and the most recent jersey featuring a leather shoulder bag carrying a Chihuahua in 2019.
All customers entering with their furry companion must show proof of the following current vaccinations: Rabies, DHLP, Parvo and Bordatella. No dog will be allowed to enter without proof of the dog’s current vaccination.
A full list of the rules is below or can be found at epchihuahuas.com.
Chihuahuas will provide water and a relief area for all dogs. Chihuahuas reserve the right to refuse entry to any dog and / or to ask any dog and its owner to leave. The care and control of the animal at Southwest University Park is the sole responsibility of the dog owner.
- The Chihuahuas jersey auction is live and will conclude with the GECU Bark at the Park game final on Friday, September 24.
- You don’t need to be present to bid or win.
- Fans can text “BID” to participate in the auction at 844-311-5007.
- The purchase must be made on the platform. No cash or credit will be accepted as payment outside of the auction platform.
- Due to MLB’s COVID protocols, fans will not be able to meet the player on the field after the game.
- The jerseys will not be available at the house on the night of the auction.
- With the auction starting September 16, there is no guarantee that the player’s jersey will be the same player who signs the jersey on September 24. The jersey will be signed by the player who wears it on September 24.
- Chihuahuas staff will let you know when your swimsuit is ready to be picked up.
- The jersey must be paid for in full before receiving it.
- Shipping is available for an additional $ 20 (fans can opt for shipping at checkout).
PLEASE ADVISE THE FOLLOWING RULES GECU BARK AT THE PARK:
- ALL entrances and exits will be through the Missouri St. Gate.
- Owners must be 18 years of age or older.
- One dog per seat holder.
- Owners will be required to have their canine friends on a leash at all times.
- Owners must sign a waiver upon entry.
- Owners must show proof of the following vaccinations: Rabies, DHLP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para Influenza), Parvo and Bordatella.
- Owners will be entitled to only one entry for the relief of pets.
- NO pets will be allowed in the following areas:
- Club Level & Press Suites
- Large dog house
- Flag of Santa Fé
- Lawn seats
- Team Shop
- Standing room only
Fans and their canine friends are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance to benefit from savings on game day prices. Fans can purchase tickets at epchihuahuas.com or in person at the Durango box office.
The ticket office is open Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. outside match days and 10 a.m. until the end of the match on match days.
For everything related to Chihuahuas, click here; for our full dog coverage, click here.